Digital media spend in Canada is estimated at $4.6 billion. Paid search engine marketing (SEM) accounts for the largest share, at $2.5 billion or 55%.1 Moreover, because search helps fulfill consumers’ interest that is generated in other media, executing a successful search campaign (both paid and organic) provides a force multiplier effect across all media.
This white paper provides guidance on how to compensate an agency for paid search engine marketing, by examining:
- The benefits of fee-based compensation vs. commission
- How the scope of search can connect to biddable and earned media beyond paid search
- How technology can be bundled within the agency or owned by the advertiser
- How search results reporting can be an important influence on the overall communication strategy
- How search scope expands with language, business units and other digital media extensions.
A checklist for determining scope of work is also included.
DOWNLOAD THE WHITE PAPER (Members Only)
1IAB Canada revenue report 2015