ACA, along with Association of Creative Communications Agencies (A2C) and the Institute of Communication Agencies (ICA), negotiated the first-ever Internet and New Media Agreement with the Union Des Artistes, finalizing it in April 2016.
The agreement establishes:
- A new performers’ remuneration model that distinguishes between production rates and usage fees for commercials
- Hourly rates specific to a performers’ function
- Usage fees reflective of audience size, location (territory) and language in which the commercial is played
- An ability to “move over” INM commercials to television by simply paying performers their respective television rate
- Unrestricted use of “stock footage” material in INM productions