Summary report (2017)
The Canadian Sponsorship Landscape Study provides the most comprehensive information on the scope, scale and trends of Canada’s sponsorship industry. This includes industry size, spending by sector, activation trends, evaluation practices, strategic priorities and future outlook. A collaboration between the T1 Agency, Sponsorship Marketing Council Canada and IMI International, the study is led by Professor Norm O’Reilly, Elisa Beselt and Adam DeGrasse.
Key lessons from the 2017 study include:
- Sponsorship remains key to Canadian businesses
- Branded content is viewed as providing great return for sponsors
- Professional and amateur sport accounts for more than half of the sponsorship industry
- Sponsors and properties remain not on the same page when it comes to sponsor servicing.
- Overall satisfaction with ROI has increased nearly 4%